- The entire Children's Museum of New Hampshire is wheelchair accessible.
- Front doors and restrooms can be opened using large push buttons. A wide ramp and an elevator connect the first and second floors.
- All restrooms and water fountains are wheelchair accessible and the Children's Museum of New Hampshire's second floor family restroom is equipped with an adult-sized changing cot.
- One-on-one aides or therapists are admitted free when they visit with their client.
- Service animals are always welcome.
- Handicap accessible parking spaces are located alongside the Children's Museum of New Hampshire on Washington Street. A ramp leads from parking to our front door.
Exploring Our Way: Sensory Friendly Playtime
Not available over the summer
For some children with autism spectrum or sensory processing disorders, a visit to museums like ours is challenging or over-stimulating. The Exploring Our Way: Sensory Friendly Playtimes are exclusive to families of children with special needs. These monthly, low-sensory events are designed for children with autism spectrum or sensory processing disorders allowing them to explore the Museum along with their families without the noise, crowds, and stimulation of a typical open day.
The Children's Museum of New Hampshire's Reach All Initiative helps develop financial resources that support visits by families in challenging circumstances. Every year, the Children's Museum of New Hampshire welcomes over 110,000 visitors, 28% of whom come through our doors for free or reduced admission. Ensuring accessibility to museum experiences for all is a central part of our mission, and we believe that to serve as a critical resource for families, we must meet the needs in our community.
- Library Letters: You can reserve a letter from participating local libraries, to visit CMNH on a specific day. Those letters offer half-off admission for up to 4 people. Check with your local library for availability.
- Military Discounts:
- During the School Year (Fall to early Spring): Military personnel, including veterans, and their families will receive a 50% admission discount throughout the school year. Supported by Service Credit Union.
- Summer: Armed Forces Day through Labor Day, we offer current and retired military personnel and their immediate family members free admission. Supported by Service Credit Union and Blue Star Museums.
- EBT Card Discount: The Children's Museum of New Hampshire offers $3 per person admission to those who show an EBT card and a valid ID at our front desk. This discount is valid for up to two adults (the EBT cardholder, his/her spouse/partner or co-parent) and their dependent children. The Children's Museum of New Hampshire accepts valid EBT cards from NH and other states. Note: EBT cards are NOT accepted for payment.
- Special Discount Days: Occasionally we are supported by a generous sponsor and are able to offer free admission days for residents of certain area towns. If you are interested in sponsoring such a day, please reach out to our Director of Development and Community Engagement, Monique Deforge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Service Agency Client Passes: If you are a client of a social service agency, ask if they are one of our Funded Admission Partner Organizations.
- Teachers: Teachers who teach Pre-K through 5th grade can present proof of employment (school ID, pay-stub) and receive half off their admission only.
I want to use a discount, so how do I reserve a spot online?
If you have a discount of any kind besides a CMNH Membership such as Library passes, ASTC or ACM museum member from another museum, EBT cardholders, or Military:
- When you visit the Hours + Info page and choose the date/time of your visit, from the ticketing page, you'll want to choose the "Discount" options (Adult w/discount, Child w/discount, Senior w/discount) and we will process your admission, with proof of discount, when you arrive at the museum. EXCEPTION: If you see a promo code on your pass/flyer, choose the Adult, Child, Senior price types - not "Adult w/discount" etc., then add the promo code when you get to the shopping cart to apply your discount.
I work at a Social Service Agency. How can I get passes from the Funded Admission Program?
Funded Admission passes are available through our 501(c)(3) non-profit partner organizations. To be eligible, you must be an active participant at one of the Children's Museum of New Hampshire's partnering organizations. If you work at a non-profit agency and would like to inquire about admission passes for your clients through the Funded Admission Program, please contact Monique Deforge for information.
I am a staff member at a Title I School in New Hampshire. Is my school qualified for discounted visits?
Yes! The Children's Museum of New Hampshire has created the Museum InReach program to engage underserved audiences. This program involves a statewide effort to bring student groups to the Children's Museum of New Hampshire at no charge. Museum InReach provides subsidized bus transportation and curriculum-based visits to the museum for school-wide Title I Schools. Museum InReach visits are available September-March. Please contact Leila McRae for more information.
This program is made possible with generous support from Lincoln Financial Foundation.
If you have any questions related to accessibility, please call the Children's Museum of New Hampshire at (603) 742-2002 or email: email@example.com before your visit.