Make a Bird Kite!
by Meredith Brustlin, CMNH Educator
The craft I have to share with you today is making a bird kite! This is a really simple activity that you can do with a handful of household items - and it will (hopefully) supply your little ones with a whole bunch of fun.
This awesome activity was found on www.krokotak.com - browse their website for a variety of other fun activities that use simple materials you can find at home, mostly paper!
- Piece of 8.5 X 11 paper
- 2-3 Sticky notes
- Or pieces of colorful scrap paper and a glue stick or tape, I like the sticky notes because they are self adhesive!
- Stapler, scissors, hole punch
- Markers, stickers, any other decorations you’d like
- Fold a piece of paper in half
- Gently “swoop” down both sides to form the wings of your bird and attach with one staple
- Punch a hole on the bottom for the kite string
- Cut a sticky note to make a beak and tail feathers--feel free to add other decoration using markers
- Add some sticker eyes
- Attach the string - you’re ready to fly!