Books Alive: Bruce the Bear puppet
Make a Bruce the Bear bag puppet!
Bruce the Bear was our special guest for Books Alive & Story Explorers this month. We read “Mother Bruce” and enjoyed the story of Bruce mothering a group of baby goslings!
There are lots of other Bruce the Bear books by local Maine author Ryan T. Higgins -you can check them out at your local library and learn about Bruce’s other adventures!
To make your own Bruce the Bear puppet to bring on adventures, follow these instructions:
- Small paper bag
- Two small paper circles (for his ears!)
- One paper triangle or circle (for his nose!)
- Glue or tape
- Markers or crayons
- Place your paper bag on your work surface so that the square bottom is facing you and turned upwards (This will be the head/mouth of your puppet!)
- Use your glue or tape to attach the ear and nose pieces
- Decorate your puppet with markers or crayons!