Make A Tooth Fairy Wand
We are celebrating Family Dental Health Month at the museum, and in this video shows you how to make a magnetic tooth fairy wand. Here's what you will need to make a magic wand at home:
- Paper - cut out a star or tooth shape
- Markers or crayons
- Stickers (optional)
- White paper for mini teeth
- Paperclips, brass fastener, or pipe cleaner
- Wand- pencil, craft stick, or chopstick
- Optional: ribbon to decorate
- First decorate the top of the wand- you could make a paper star, tooth, or a shape of your choice. Use markers or stickers to decorate it
- Next tape the paper piece of the wand to a stick- this could be a pencil, craft stick, choo stick, dowel, or even a twig from outside!
- Add some colorful ribbon or streamers to your wand if you would like
- Now carefully tape a magnet to the back of your wand. You can test the magnet first to make sure it's strong enough to pick up a paper clip (or whatever metal object you are using)
- Cut out some mini teeth using white paper, and add a paperclip, pipe cleaner, or brass fastener to each tooth
- Try out your magic wand! Place the teeth on a flat surface, and use the magnet on your wand to try to pick them up.
At the end of the video we talk about a few of the dental health books we have at the museum that cover losing teeth! Here is another great selection put together by Scholastic.